Friday, December 5, 2008

seminar galore '08!

SEMINAR GALORE '08!!

So our seminar was finally over.

*deep sigh*

and I was really relieved at that thought, but not really since I still have a lot of things to do. Gaawwwdd. How taxing life can sometimes be.

Anyhow, here are some of the seminar's highlight in my very personal POV: =)

6 past > Late na kami. Putcha. Alas-sais pasado na wala pa yung sasakyan ng sound system. Tapos nag-text si mam Lanie with a evry sweet message of good luck. Hai. Good luck talaga sa min.

7 past > Panic mode. someone had texted that there are already people in Gen. Tri convention..and well, us, was still on our way. I think nasa may papasok pa lang kami ng Antheneum that time. Plus we saw a lot of students whose obviously on their way going to GT.. waaahh..

quarter to 8 > We finally arrived at the effin convention. I forgot to mention that it was raining and I was dripping wet but not minding it since I was already panicking! Holy shit! Wala pa kaming center piece..tapos tanggal pa yung ibang crepe paper na nakakabit sa stage..tapos isesetup pa lang yung sound system.. kinakabit yung Phil. flag at inaayos yung podium.. Here comes ma'am Almazan demanding for the copy of registration form ng mga clinical Instructors. (na siyempre nakalimutan naming gumawa) I asked Nica kung nasan ang lintek na registration form, wala daw, kasi may nagsabi daw na wag ng gumawa. Hindi na kailangan. Yes! Brilliant idea! So I had to text poor Krystel who was running late thankfully to print one pa before finally going to GT. Hai.

8 past > Waiting for Dean Valderama's arrival. I was sweatin my palms out and nerve-wracked and nervous as shit. For some reason, meeting her is SUCH a big deal to me. Prolly because Nica said she's some highly-intelltual individual who's very humble and posh. Shit. shit. shit. That shouldn't really bother me, right?

almost 9 > Dean Valderama finally came. A woman in her late years with almost faint-red dyed hair. Smiled at us and was very warm (while I'm so effing cold). Had to sigh. She's such a darling.

Doxology > I swear to God I was about to cry when accidentally due to some technical problem and stupidity, Lupang Hinirang was played before we could even sing the supposedly opening prayer. Hai. What more could ruin this event? At nabagsak nga din pala nung Dj yung dvd player/cd player while fixing some things. At siyempre bonggang bagsak at indi ko alam kung matatawa o maiinis when the student at the back cheered and clapped their fidgety hands at the mishap of the poor machine. Hai.

....Nica assigned me to the clinical instructors. To feed them, to make them happy..make their wishes come true. Yes, I guess she thought I'm a genie indisguise. So I did as told and tried my best to give whatever the CI demands of. Walang available na kape. Kasi we never expected that someone would ask for a cup. Fortunately, someone did! at CI siya..so of course, who am I to say that no coffee is available at the house.. hai. So I ran to Krichie and talked him into buying 3-in-1's at the market. Good thing he have his car on stand by. Someone had even aksed for an effing MILK!!! I just laughed it out and apologized and said, "sorry po, 3-in-1 lang.." but at the back of my head I was thinking, "haleerrrr!! Seminar ito, hindi coffe shop na may variety of choices sa preferred niyong timpla.." Kainis.

I was glad naman that kahit pano, na-appreciate naman ng mga Ci yung effort ko. Had someone asked me why I was too attentive to their needs, my answer would be quite simple siguro. Last na 'to. This seminar is it. So why the hell not should I give them the best service I could. Graduation is almost near and I'm leaving St. Jo, why not leave it on a good note. I was more than pleased when Dean Reyes said to me while we were walking behind Dean Valderama after the event, "you're a nice one.." and smiled. I almost cried..almost. hehe..

absurdity > Dean Valderama had asked the students if they are sleepy, and of course, out of respect everyone said No, except for that one clinical instructor who seem to have forgotten her manners at home and shouted "YES!" I was dumb-founded and really had to look at her if she was just messing around or what. I was terrified and shocked to find her real serious and she was obviously upset that the students' said 'no' despite feeling otherwise. Good lord. I know she's capable of things and a little bold sometimes, but I never thought she's capable of such humiliating act. To think Dean Reyes and Ma'am Ada was feet away from her, and Dean Valdemarama as well. I dunno where on earth she got that gut to shout so.. Rude. Stupid. and absolutely out-of-the-line. I was effin pissed. If she cannot respect the speaker for her attainment, at least respect that she's much older amd more experienced than her.. She needs to review her Values obviously, if she still has some of it left.

Closing remarks > I was nervous to deliver such statements and even choked up a little, thankfully I was able to say our thanks without much trouble. Stupid me though for losing the copy of my closing remarks. Argh. It would look nice sana here to be posted.

Finally.. the BIG event was over.. and I'm so glad for all the positive feedback we've been receiving since. I personally thank Rodan, Kuya Pacey and Fc for their help..

and now, my whole effing legs hurt as well as my lower back.. Pero worth it naman. And I never believed the phrase 'too tired to fall asleep' until last night. Snapshots of the seminar flooded in my head and I had to seriously think of something else just to fall into that resful sleep. Haiii.. What an experience. Absolutely worth keeping forever.

I overheard one of my classmate saying that hindi siya nageenjoy sa seminar namin. Dunno if she was kidding, but anyway, I feel the exact opposite despite being so 'ngarag'. I was happy. Very happy indeed after.

that's all for now. Ciao! =)

No comments: