Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Perfect Man

Before I get into what this new post was about,

I would like to greet everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! pareho lang ba yun?? Wtv. Anyhow, I wish you all will have plenty of blessings to share and lots of gifts to rub into everybody else's faces specially those who doesn't celebrate the season, really. (e.g. Me.) However, being a lucky individual, I did received some gifts as well.. and i gave away some din naman.

Mainly because I am a sweet person. Generally. (Yan ha, mainly na, generally pa. haha)

++++++++++++++++++

Perfect man, does he still exists? Yan madalas ang tanong ko sa sarili ko whenever I read romance pocket books. I guess that is the down side of reading too much fiction. A woman tend to believe that a knight-in-shining-armor will conquer dragons to be with her. Sad to say, most of the time, the dragons of this world camouflage themselves as a knight-in-shining-armor.


Despite that sad fact, I somehow believe that a perfect husband/man once lived. He's name is Ronald Raegan.

I own a book called "I Love You, Ronnie. The letters of Ronald Raegan to Nancy Raegan." Some of my pals has seen it and read some letters from it, and we were all in awe with every letter.


To all those wondering who on earth is Ronald Raegan, he is the 40th US President. He was a former actor before entering politics. Nancy Davis is his wife and they tied the knot on March 4, 1952.

Here is an unedited letter of Ronnie to Nancy--one of my favorite, which also goes with the season.



Dec. 25, 1980

My Beloved First Lady

I'm supposed to be sitting here with my fingers crossed watching you open a package. I of course would be hoping it was something you really wanted: something that would show how much I love you. (Having the house painted wont do it)

But here I am--writing a letter again looking for words that will properly say it and those are hard to come by. Could you maybe give me a hint or two before next Christmas?

You see I have this problem, I miss you when you first leave the room. I worry about you when you go out the front door. Now this isn't good for me-- not since my transplant. (you into my heart 29 years ago next March.) Without you there would be no sun, no moon, no stars. With you they are all out at the same time.

browning I'm not but believe me I do love you to the breath and depth of all my being and I count all the ways I love you and they add up to greater happiness than I deserve.

Merry Christmas my love.


Your Husband.




If you weren't touched at all by that letter, I'm assuming you are the coldest living person ever which makes you dead really. Since one cannot live without a tinged of warmth.

I cannot help but melt everytime I read that letter..and I also can't help but wonder if I'll ever be a s lucky as Nancy.

Hai. Bata pa naman ako.. I still have a lot to look forward to. I'm hoping to find a man who is as sweet enough if not as much as Ronnie.

*wistful thought*


No comments: